When you enroll your child in Kohl's Growing Up Safe (GUS), you get:
- Periodic personalized safety tips matched to your child's age and stage of development—from prenatal to preteen.
- Free information on car seats, bike helmets and other safety and injury-prevention devices.
- Guidance on safe sleep surfaces, age appropriate toys, smoke detectors and ways to improve the safety of your home environment.
- Peace of mind knowing that you're doing what you can to protect your child.
For information on Child Safety:
Child Safety Department
Saint Francis Medical Center
Thinking of childhood injuries as "accidental" implies that they are random and beyond control. But here are the facts:
- 90% of unintentional injuries in young children are preventable.
- The majority of childhood injures happen around or near the home environment—
many times in the presence of parents, grandparents or caregivers.
- Injuries are the leading cause of death and one of the main causes of hospitalization for children 1 to 6 years of age.
- Parents, grandparents and caregivers have an important role in reducing childhood injuries.
Kohl's Cares has partnered with the Child Safety Department at Saint Francis Medical Center to bring you Kohl's Growing Up Safe (GUS). It's a free and easy way to learn how to prevent serious injuries to your child. Kohl's Growing Up Safe (GUS) is for parents, grandparents, caregivers and others who are responsible for the safety and well being of a young child.
The program is FREE! Protecting your child is priceless! So sign up today!
At Saint Francis Medical Center, we care about kids.
Nearly 1,000 babies are born at Saint Francis Medical Center each year. We treat many infants and children in our emergency room, operating rooms and pediatrics department—many as the result of preventable injuries. We have a special interest in seeing children grow into healthy adults. But we can't do it alone.
Kohl's Growing Up Safe (GUS) is a free program that provides you with personalized injury-prevention information to keep your child safer—from prenatal to preteen. Through the sales of exclusive Kohl's Cares plush toys and books for $5 each, Kohl's has raised more than $180 million for children's health and education initiatives nationwide.
Knowing what to do—and what not to do—is critical in preventing an injury that could threaten your child's life. Please sign up for Kohl's Growing Up Safe (GUS) from Saint Francis Medical Center. It's open to parents, grandparents, caregivers—anyone who is responsible for keeping a child safe and healthy.