Assist various departments with sorting and filing of paperwork, data entry and other clerical duties.
- Summer -- Times vary (Monday through Friday).
- School year -- Directly after school to 4:30-5 p.m. (Monday through Friday).
Saint Francis Day Care
Volunteers play games, read books, and help serve snacks and meals to children.
- Summer -- 9 a.m.-noon, noon-3 p.m., or 3-6 p.m (Monday through Friday).
- School year -- 4-6 p.m. (Monday through Friday)
Volunteers help maintain the garden by weeding, picking vegetables, watering, etc.
- Summer -- Days and times vary and someone will call you as needed, for help.
Teen Volunteers fill balloons with helium for gift shop, stock and dust shelves. Volunteer cashier positions available with prior Saint Francis Medical Center volunteer experience.
- Summer and school year -- Days and times vary.
Hosts at the main entrance greet visitors, answer questions and walking people to areas of the hospital.
- Summer a school year -- 4-6 p.m. (Monday through Friday), 10 a.m.-noon and 1-3 p.m. (weekends).
Volunteers deliver magazines to nursing units and lounges, offering free magazines to patients, their families and visitors. You are encouraged to visit with patients if they welcome conversation.
- Summer -- 1:30-2:30 p.m. (Monday through Friday, as needed, time very flexible).
- School year -- 1:30-2:30 p.m. (Saturdays and Sundays, time flexible).
Skilled Nursing Unit
Volunteers take residents for wheelchair strolls, with outings to park, and help with crafts, passing food trays or filling water pitchers.
- Summer -- 10 a.m.-12:30 p.m. and 1-3 p.m. (Sunday through Saturday).
- School year -- 4-5:30/6 p.m. (Monday through Friday) and 10 a.m.-12:30 p.m. and 1-3 p.m. (Saturday and Sunday).
Volunteers help staff re-stock supplies needed in patient rooms.
- Summer -- 2-4 p.m. (Days vary).
- School year - 4-6 p.m. (Monday through Friday); 2-4 p.m. (weekends).
Volunteers greet patients on the sixth floor, answer phones and provide company for patients as needed.
- Summer -- 8 a.m.-noon, noon-4 p.m. and 4-6 p.m. (each day).
- School year -- 4-4:30 p.m.-6-6:30 p.m. (weekends).
If you have questions please call Chris Sullivan, manager, Volunteer Services at 308-398-5564.